Monday, July 25, 2011

In The Beginning

Life has been difficult at times for me; as for everyone. My world has often been chaotic and crazy. Up until recently I used food to soothe and medicate myself from the pain associate with being me. I suffer from depression and anxiety; at times both overwhelming. Life hasn’t always handed me what I’d hoped or prayed for, but I believe it’s given me a unique way of seeing it and myself.

I’ve been reading self help and religious books by the dozens always looking for something to tell me what’s missing, what’s needed to make me happy and joyful. The answers haven’t been forthcoming. I’ve had more insights than I can tell you – everyday epiphanies I call them. But no lasting healing or ease. I need ease. I need joy. I need peace and simplicity and I need to feel a connection to That which is greater than me. I crave connections that other people don’t seem to these days. I need authenticity in my life – my own and other peoples.

So with that in mind I’ve decided it is (finally) time to get healthy and whole. I’m going to explore myself and my little slice of life here in the countryside. I’m going to actively and with intention seek to find the beauty in everyday life. I’m going to cultivate simplicity, creativity, peace and joy filled moments. I’m going to take the time to get to know myself and those around me in deeper, more fulfilling ways. I’m going to learn what being healthy and whole means to me one day at a time, one photo at a time, one post at a time, one walk at a time. Just for Today I can be open to what life brings me and I can learn to simply be.

No comments:

Post a Comment