Friday, July 29, 2011

The Joy of Gardens

It’s a grey day here today. I love the rain and always feel more like myself on days that it’s overcast and rainy, but today it’s just simply blah; not enough rain to make it rainy and not enough sun to make it sunny. Jon and I ran some errands this morning and I looked for inspiration in something – in anything, but it’s one of those days. The only thing that grabbed my attention this morning was a new morning glory flower on my vine.



There is very little I love more than flowers, they never fail to brighten my day and inspire me to get out my camera. Since it’s one of those days I indulged myself in a few shots of my messy mostly wild flower garden. When we moved here last year the only flowers already here were some very old bleeding hearts. I always find it odd to see an old house with no gardens. It makes me wonder what kind of people lived there. I can’t imagine not having gardens and gardens and more gardens. By the time I’m done here – in 40 or so years there will be acres upon acres of gardens and flowers.



I can picture it so clearly in my mind. I get excited just thinking about it and how beautiful it will look that occasionally when I look outside and see only my little wildflower garden I’m surprised that it’s not already here. I can see the lavender, the roses, and a gazebo going towards my little building. I can see dozens of flowering fruit trees and my pond. I can’t wait for my pond! I can see the labyrinth and benches dotting the paths. There’s joy in just thinking about it and planning it and I’m enjoying every step of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment