Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary Honey!

Today’s post is dedicated to the most amazing man I know; my husband Jon. Tomorrow is our sixth wedding anniversary and a celebration of one of the happiest days of my life.

“Once, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a miracle.”

We’re a bit of an odd pair. He grew up on a farm and I grew up in the city, he comes from a large close knit family, I don’t, he’s logical and I’m creative, he’s tall and I’m short. J I guess we’re a case of opposites attracting and I’m very glad we do.

When we first met, Jon thought I was one of the weirdest people he’d ever met....now he’s my biggest supporter. I feel so grateful to know he’s always in my corner loving me unconditionally. I’ve given him challenge after challenge and he’s risen to them all. When we got married he became step Dad to a 10 year old and a 14 year old – how’s that for asking a lot? Now of course my kids are perfect ....however, when you’re a young man with no experience with kids having a readymade family can be stressful, but Jon stepped up to the plate and always tried to do his very best. That doesn’t mean we haven’t had conflict, because of course we have; what it means is that Jon came into our existing family with an open heart. He was more than willing to love my boys – he expected to and he does. The best part? They know it. Shane and Bradley know they can count on Jon for whatever they need. He’s managed to blend being a parent and being a friend to them.  Is there more a mother can ask than to have the man she loves love her children? Not to me.

In our time together I’ve learned so much from him. I can see the world through eyes other than my own and what a wonderful gift that is. He makes me laugh and  sometimes cry, he makes me feel safe and loved and very often when I see him across the room my heart still does a summersault in my chest and that makes me smile and remember what falling in love feels like.  I look in his eyes and I see love looking back at me. I need nothing more.

I love you Jon, now and forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment