Friday, September 23, 2011

Organization

I’m going to start today by admitting a little secret. I’m envious of organized people. I wish to be one. In keeping with my 30 day theme of looking after myself and doing things that feel good I asked myself if being organized would bring me joy and the answer was a resounding YES!!

I think there’s hope for me. I’m organized in a few areas of my life. My linen closet is organized, my books definitely are and my sock drawer mostly is. When I think of doing something or learning something my first thought is always to get a book, but I don’t think a book is the right answer in this case. I’ve been watching organizing shows on HGTV but all they do is throw everything out so there isn’t really anything left to organize. Jon and I have downsized as much as we possibly can right now so there is nothing else to throw out and since we live in an old log house our closets are pretty much non-existent; which leaves me wondering where to start.

   Here’s my list of things that need organized:

My time!
Filing, how to, what to keep, what should go
The office area
Bills – again, do I keep them or what?
Tax stuff – what do I need and what don’t I need to keep
Jon’s business stuff
General household junk (for lack of a better word)

I feel like being organized should come naturally to me. And if not me, then Jon, he’s logical and analytical and organizing should be right up his alley. I have an excuse; at least I tell myself I do...I’m creative, I like creative chaos J. If you happen to be disorganized too, feel free to use my excuse; I don’t mind sharing. And if you’re an organized person please send tips and suggestions – I can definitely use as many of them as I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment