Monday, September 19, 2011

Zero to Sixty

For the last few months I’ve been aware of feeling a strong sense of discontent. I’ve written about it here a few times and I’ve talked about it endlessly with Jon and I’ve pushed myself to do this and that and a million things. I think I’ve been going about it in the wrong way. I started writing here as a way to get more in touch with myself and my life and to go deeper into what makes me me, and what brings me joy.

I either don’t do something or I commit fully. In this case I’ve committed fully and I think I’m wearing myself out. It’s become a job – not the writing; I love writing and could do it all day every day. I’ve been beating myself up a lot lately as I try to push myself to accomplish these crazy to-do lists. I’ve been trying to go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye and it’s not working for me. It’s too much. I’ve been putting all this unnecessary pressure on myself – and I’m doing just the opposite of what I set out to do. Joy has all but left the building and I’m too tired and stressed out to get in touch with anything; let alone myself and my own needs.

I decided that for the next 30 days I’m going to walk my talk. I’m going to make myself my first priority. For the next month I will do all the things that make me feel good. I will look after myself in the best way I know how – I am going to do exactly what I set out to do when I started writing here. I am going to cultivate simplicity, ease, creativity and joy in as many moments as I can. Will you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment