Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gentle Reminders

It’s been rainy and gray the last few days and my moods have matched the weather. Usually I love the fall and in particular the rain but the last few days I’ve been feeling a little down. Besides the weather I’ve been giving myself a million excuses about my crappy mood – stress, exhaustion, boredom, busyness etc.. On the top of my list has been pain. With the change in weather (at least I hope it’s only the change in weather) my hip has been so painful walking has become difficult.


This morning after dropping Bradley off at school I was walking from the car to the house feeling sorry for myself and a reflection caught my eye.  I got my camera to take a couple of pictures and for a few moments I was reminded of the beauty in our world even on gray days and I forgot I was feeling sorry for myself. As I sit here my hip is still sore but I’m grateful for the gentle reminder that it’s not all bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment