Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Fall Garden

Jon and I planted 80 trees over Sunday and Monday and I loved being outside enjoying the beautiful fall weather so much I decided to prolong the weekend just a little longer by taking a few minutes in my garden this morning.


As much as l love my garden when it’s in full summer bloom I love it almost as much now. There’s always something to see when I look carefully. This morning I noticed I still have many alyssum blooming and my wild roses are still going strong. I saw one lonely cosmo in the mess of dried and tired greenery and of course the leaves are a wonderful back drop this time of year.

Wandering around the yard listening to the rustle of the fallen leaves is relaxing and meditative and makes me wonder what’s coming this winter. Although I’m looking forward to winters quiet charms, for the moment I’m content to enjoy the fall colours and marvel at the last of my flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment