Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our family has a tradition that during Thanksgiving dinner we take turns saying what we’re grateful for. Sometimes the things we’re grateful for are big important milestones and sometimes they’re very simple; but no matter, big or small they are all meaningful.

I think gratitude is one of the easiest ways to connect with our lives and although I make it a daily practice it never ceases to warm my heart to hear what my family is grateful for once a year.

Some of the things I am most grateful for are:

~ My amazing family

~ My friends, both old and new

~ My pups – even though they drive me a bit batty some days

~ My home, it welcomes me regardless of how often I vacuum

~ The trees around my home that make me feel like I live in a park

~ My books for the knowledge, entertainment and comfort they offer me

~ For being creative almost daily with my blog and my photography

Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment