Friday, November 11, 2011

Do You Believe?

If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. -Thomas Edison

Since I’ve been struggling a little these last few months this quote has come to my attention repeatedly and since I’m a big believer in signs I guess it means something. I’m not sure what honestly; but I’m open to knowing. I think that’s half the battle...being open to my life, and certainly to the possibilities of better days and better things.

As I re-read it I’m wondering what I could astound myself with today. I only want to focus on today because anything else seems like more to worry about. I think wondering what I can do to surprise myself is a better use of my brain power than worrying and stressing, so for today I’m going to be open to believing that I have something wonderful in me. I’m going to be open to believing that I can do something astounding – what a great thought that is!

I realize as I’m writing this, that I want to believe I’m capable of astounding things. I guess we all do. But how do we make amazing things happen when real life often gets in the way?

If you have a little time on your hands today maybe you could let me know your thoughts on this...do you believe we’re all capable of astounding things? And if you believe we are; how do we make them happen?

2 comments:

  1. This is not completely related, but I have definitely been amazed by how much I am able to get done this semester. I thought the amount of stuff that I had put into my schedule was going to be next to impossible, but somehow I'm managing to get through it all. I don't have much free time, but I feel like I wouldn't have much more even if I had less to do. It seems like the more I put on my plate, the more efficient I am and the more I am capable of getting done. At the end of the semester, hopefully I will be able to sit back and be "astounded" by everything that I got done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that working for you...I just get overwhelmed with all the things on my plate and end up doing nothing much at all - LOL!

    It's like that saying - if you want something done ask the busy person.

    ReplyDelete