Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Movember!

It’s that time of year again. Men of all ages are sporting moustaches to raise money for, and bring attention to men’s health. Both of the men I live with are working on their ‘staches’ for the cause. Bradley joined the group at his high school and Jon was inspired to follow suit; which means I’ve got two Mo Bros in my house and that makes me a Mo Sista.

While I might not necessarily enjoy looking at their moustaches; I’m so proud of both of them. Prostate health hits close to home for me because my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1999 and managed to live with it (and the treatments) until May of this year. 

For the month of November lets all be Mo Sistas and support the men around us by donating if we can, and living with facial hair if we can’t.

For more information please see http://ca.movember.com/?home

Here’s Jon’s before shot....

He's feeling a little shy these days :-)

At the end of Movember I will very proudly show off the moustaches of both my Mo Bros! Stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. Uh, just for the record, as per the rules of Movember, the before shot was a clean shave Nov 1st. That's a weeks worth of growth. I wouldn't look like this just for fun......

    Love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jon and Brad! Pleased to see you supporting such a great cause. Count me as a Mo Sista.

    ReplyDelete