Yesterday was Jon’s birthday and we thought we’d try something a little different for his birthday dinner. While Christmas shopping we wandered into a new store in Kanata called Grace in the Kitchen and to Jon’s delight they have an artisan cheese counter. At the time we had no desire or need for cheese so we tucked the information away for another day – well yesterday was the day.
We went in and sampled several different cheeses and here’s what we came out with:
- Manchego - sheep’s milk cheese from Spain
- Glenphilly - Whiskey Cheddar from England
- Pleine Lune - brie with ash rind from France
Then we added (from the grocery store):
- Roasted red pepper goat cheese
- Cracker Barrel medium and old
- Turkey Kolbassa
- Polish sausage
- And of course mixed crackers.
It was a nice change of pace; but I’m not sure we’ll do it again. We all felt like we had too much cheese by the end of the evening. We might have been full – but not too full to enjoy a slice of birthday cake.