Tuesday, January 17, 2012

City Girl

I occasionally wish to be a city girl again.

We heat with wood and Astro is often scrounging around the wood looking for little bits of bark. She’ll bat it around the floor or chew it up and leave the remnants all over the place, she’ll slide around the floor with it under her paws or she’ll just carry it around with her in her mouth. She also likes little things she finds on the floor – things like Bradley’s guitar picks, or pens that have fallen off the counter. She’ll sometimes find a receipt or small piece of plastic and if you ask her she’ll bring it over and give it to you.

When there’s nothing that strikes her fancy to chew on inside she’ll find something outside – most often pine or spruce cones. Yesterday she was batting something around on the floor and playing with it; from a distance it looked like a cone so I didn’t think much of it, but she became a little cranky if Hunter got too close so I asked her to bring it over to me. Very happy to share with me she dumped a dead frozen mole in my hand.

YUCK!!! Can you guess how many times I washed my hands with anti-bacterial soap yesterday? I kept thinking that if I still lived in town this wouldn’t have happened. By the time I woke up this morning the trauma had passed; but it was still one of those occasional moments where I wonder how the hell I ended up here. J

I don’t think anyone will mind the fact there’s no photos to accompany my post today – lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment