Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Have a Sunroom!

When Jon and I bought our house there was a horrendous front porch on it that we contemplated what to do with. Because our house isn’t huge we really need the square footage but it was just so ugly we seriously thought about removing it.

In an old house you never know what you might find when you’re renovating and usually the things you discover are not good. When we decided to keep the porch and incorporate it into the kitchen and dining room we had to remove an old set of garden doors between the two spaces. We were very surprised and pleased to discover that an original hole in the shell of our house (our house is log) was hidden and we could make the opening larger than planned.

Jon and I were back and forth as to what we were going to do with the space – would it have windows or doors and what would we be using it for? We decided on doors, even though everyone thought we were a little crazy. This past weekend Jon and Bradley installed our doors – three patio doors and one garden door and I’m sooooo pleased we decided on doors. I have a sunroom – I’ve always wanted a sunroom!!

Although the doors are in, the room is a long way from finished but I’m so excited to see our vision start to come together. One job down and about a million to go!

Second front door.
Newest (and last) front door.
Ugly old front porch.
My new sunroom!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! You will certainly get a lot of enjoyment with the new doors.

    ReplyDelete