Friday, January 27, 2012

Life as I Know It

Well, my friends – life as I’ve known it has changed dramatically. Between yesterday and today I am no longer the same.

Bradley got his G2 yesterday. Is he ready to be driving alone? According to the government of Ontario he is – and I sure as hell hope so. Am I ready for him to be driving alone – HELL NO!!!

Bradley tells me he’s confident and feels ready to go it alone, I tell him in return that I am not.

What’s a mom to do when her baby is of legal driving age? Seriously – Bradley is driving. It was only a couple of weeks ago that Shane turned 21 and now Bradley is allowed to drive by himself. I don’t know where the time has gone – I think I want it back.

The next few weeks while I/we get used to this are going to be tricky. Bradley will want to drive all the time and I will want him to just stay home. There will be negotiations and no doubt a few arguments but all in all I’m going to do my very best not to stress out over this. He is a good driver and I’m going to assume that he will be careful and use his best judgement – you know, on all the bright sunny dry days we have this time of year! J

Congratulations Bradley!

Bradley with his G1. (It was dark
when we got home last evening).

3 comments:

  1. I hope for Bradley's sake that his first few years of driving go a little smoother than they did for me and Shane. :) Congrats Bradley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Bradley! Getting your G2 is a big step -- it will generate a few discussions with your mom but you will work them out.

    ReplyDelete