Friday, February 10, 2012

Bedside Table Books


“One sure window into a person’s soul is his reading list”  ~ Mary B.W. Tabor

You know how much I love a good quote and this one is especially good because it involves my favourite things....books and reading.

I only need to look through my library to know this is true. If you were to look through my books you’d have a very clear idea of who I am and what I value. Maybe that’s why I always get uncomfortable when I have people over and they go straight to the books shelves. I don’t like being that transparent. 

Most people don’t have as extensive a library as I do and I don’t think you need quite so many books to see into a person’s soul. Often just what we choose to have beside our beds can say a lot about who we are.

I have a few favourites that are always in the little book self beside my bed, these are my comfort books. They’re books I turn to when I need inspiration, comfort or just a feeling of familiarity.

I also usually have a bunch of books that I’m reading that come and go. I’m still working on several of the books I got for Christmas and they’re in this category.

I’m often asked what I read; so here are my permanent beside the bed books and what I’m currently working on.

What are your all time favourites or what you’re currently reading?

Permanent bedside books.
Current books.


No comments:

Post a Comment