Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Motivations

I stopped writing my blog a few weeks ago with the intention of once and for all getting it moved to its new home. I figured it would take me a couple of days to move and tweak it to my liking and then I’d be good to go.

A few days turned into days of complete inactivity. I lost my motivation to continue and I wondered why.

Instead of beating myself up like I usually do I decided to give myself a break for a change. I figured another day or two wouldn’t hurt and maybe I just needed a break from everything.

Almost as soon as I let myself off the hook I realized that my motivation had waned because I wasn’t writing for me anymore.

Somewhere along the way I started worrying about what people thought. I worried about what my friends might think, I worried about what my family was thinking (and not telling me), I was even worrying about what strangers were thinking. No wonder my motivation left the building!

I started this process to clarify what’s important to me. I wanted to document where my attention goes and to learn about what makes me happy and brings me joy. I wanted to meet myself honestly. I was craving authentic intimacy with myself and with others.

I still am.

So with that in mind, I’m going to remind myself that all I have to offer is my truth and my way of seeing and being in the world (and that’s enough) and keep on writing.

My next post will be at my new address...I hope to see you there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment