Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's Quote Day!

It’s been a while since I had a quote day; so here are a few to honour spring and my favourite time of year....you know – gardening time!! J

“Never yet was a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom.”
~Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
“Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems."
~Rainer Maria Rilke

“The best place to seek God is a garden. You can dig for him there.”
 ~ George Bernard Shaw

“Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.”
~ Doug Larson

“Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer.”
 ~ Geoffrey B. Charlesworth


“I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden.”
 ~ Ruth Stout

“One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides.”
 ~ W.E. Johns

“One is nearer God's heart in a garden 
than anywhere else on earth.
~Dorothy Frances Gurney

“The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring.”
 ~ Bern Williams

“Gardens are a form of autobiography.”
 ~ Sydney Eddison

While I love them all, I think the last two are my favourites.

Have a great day! See you tomorrow.

1 comment: