Friday, March 9, 2012

Looking for Small Moments


Since I lost my brother I’ve felt so different that I hardly feel like myself; and when Jon asked me this morning if I’d like to take a walk around the yard to talk about our plans and dreams for the property I gladly accepted. I need to know that I can still find joy in the small moments and in the beauty around me.

We walked and talked about filling here and there, adding gravel to the laneway and where I want to put more gardens. We talked about plans for the barn and other buildings and where we’re going to plant more trees.

I found it reassuring to find comfort in his voice and in the plans we keep talking about. It’s good to enjoy the dogs playing; the sun shining and the fresh almost end of winter air.

With my camera in hand I found little bits of beauty in the way the shadows play against the wood in the barn and in the way the dogs run around the snow and mud without a care in the world.

While I struggle with the loss of my brother it’s good to know that there’s still beauty for me to see and share. Here are a few of the photos I took on our walk this morning....they're nothing special - just little reminders that life goes on and that there is beauty and joy in my life still.

Apparently Astro didn't like the mouthful she ate!
Hunter and Astro playing.
My best baby girl!
The sky from inside the barn.
I love the light and shadows in this photo!
I know Jon wishes our barn has less daylight,
but I find it fascinating just the way it is.
Meg - all healthy again..yay! 


4 comments:

  1. I love the photos, Lynne! The puppies look so cute! I hope things start to get easier for you and know that I'm thinking of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teal...we've been thinking about you too! We both have a lot going on these days for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Great photos Lynne. I can totally appreciate your enjoying the small moments, I only really started to appreciate small moments after our family tragedy. Now I realise my life is made up of millions of them.

    Nice blog. You had me at 'small moments'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy. It's often the tragedies that help us see the important things. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get there without pain?

      Delete