Friday, March 30, 2012

Seeds and Spouts

Tuesday I finally got to starting my seeds. I’m always so excited when I do this. Almost every spring I try to grow flowers and/or veggies from seed; sometimes inside, sometimes outside and most years both. Although I don’t always have as much success inside as I’d like to I rarely miss a year of trying.

Almost ready to get started.

Waiting for the seeds to sprout reminds me of being a little person and how thrilling it was back in kindergarten when we all grew seeds as a science experiment. I can remember racing to school each morning full of excitement to see what my seed had done through the night. still feel this way; only now I dash downstairs to see what’s grown through the night.

I wasn’t disappointed this morning – my first seed has sprouted. WOO HOO!!

My first sprout - come on little guy!

I have another tray to start this weekend (after I buy another few packets of seeds), but so far so good!

    This tray contains:

  • Pink pampas grass
  • White pampas grass
  • Purple cone flowers
  • Delphiniums
  • Columbine
  • Violas
  • Foxgloves
  • Holly hocks (that’s what has already sprouted!!) J
  • Red peppers
  • Yellow peppers
  • Watermelon


    I still want to start:

  • Morning glories
  • Sweet peas
  • White cone flowers
  • Daisies
  • Tea

I love spring!!! 

P.S. I also bought my first few pansies of the year. I’ll get them potted this weekend.

I love the soft colours of these pansies.



No comments:

Post a Comment