Friday, March 23, 2012

Staycation Follow Up

If you’ve been reading you’ll know that I’m supposed to be on a staycation this week; well, it has been a total bust. I didn’t get anything done that I’d hoped to get done, I’m no more relaxed now than I was last week and in fact this week was pretty much like every other week.

My biggest goal for the week was to be on my own schedule. Ya right – what was I thinking?! I still got up every day and made breakfast and lunches for Jon and Bradley, I still did dishes and laundry and I still looked after the dogs. We had dinner out last night but other than that our regular dinner routine played out like it always does.

I spent the week listening to Jon talk about work and receiving about a million texts from Bradley (and I’m only exaggerating slightly). All in all what I set out to do didn’t happen. Am I blaming my family? Only slightly. Clearly I need to be able to set better boundaries.

If nothing else I guess I learned something about myself....I’m a sucker for putting everyone else’s needs ahead of my own. I know there are a lot of women out there who can relate but at the moment that’s not making me feel any better about how my week has gone.

I’m going to finish doing what needs to be done this morning and then I’m going to take my cranky ass back to bed with my current book and see about relaxing for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment