Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting Unstuck

I love vision boards and it occurred to me this morning that it’s been a while since I made one. Because I’m having a hard time lately with my brother’s death and feeling really stuck I think now’s a great time to make another one. I’ve written about them before, and I posted a picture of the one I was working on in December here; but that one doesn’t express where I am right now or where I want to go so it’s definitely time for a new one.



Looking back on my last couple of boards I noticed a pattern. I have a lot of keys, a lot of butterflies and on every one of them I’ve had this statement cut out and put near the top. (That’s one of the things about making vision boards - they continue to give you insight long after you’ve made them).


If you’re a person who believes in signs and symbolism (and I am) then figuring out my vision boards isn't that difficult. Keys are symbolism for opening doors on both the spiritual and physical plane, they help you see things from a new or different perspective; they can also mean you already have the key to a solution that you need within you. Butterflies are a very strong sign of transformation and change and of new beginnings.

Many months ago, I took this statement out of a magazine at the doctor’s office and it’s been sitting on my bedside table ever since. I look at it daily and wonder why I had to have it so much that I ripped a page out of a magazine that wasn’t mine.

On my last vision board just above centre is a quote by Andy Warhol “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”  I first saw this quote last fall and since I put it on my last vision board I’ve seen it too many times to count popping up here and everywhere in my life.

Oprah often says that life speaks to us in whispers, then a little louder, and if we’re not listening she’ll yell at us until we finally hear her. Apparently I haven’t been listening. Looking back at my life and my vision boards it’s clear that change and transformation has been coming my way for a LONG time.

So what now?? It’s often said that an image can say a thousand words; this one only says three, but I think it sums up my next step perfectly.....


No comments:

Post a Comment