Tuesday, April 3, 2012

More Joy

Yesterday’s post got me thinking about all the things that bring me joy. I truly believe the more we know about what brings us joy the closer we are to it. If you’re aware of the things, both big and small that fill you with joy and gratitude you can always be on the lookout for them.

I feel very fortunate to be a person who finds joy easily. I’m not sure if I came this way of if I’ve just unconsciously cultivated it in my life – either way I’m grateful. I think of joy as an easy spiritual practice that we all have access to.

    Here’s a (sort of) short list of things that bring me joy:

  • Listening to my guys laughing – it doesn’t get any better than that!
  • Playing with my dogs
  • Walking hand in hand with Jon
  • Hearing Bradley playing his music
  • Catching up with Shane – especially when he's home
  • Gardening
  • Taking pictures
  • Writing
  • Birds –especially chickadees at the feeder
  • Butterflies in the field
  • A beautiful spring day
  • A beautiful fall day
  • A beautiful winter day
  • Wandering around the garden
  • Reading outside
  • The smell of our fire burning when I drive down the driveway
  • Being warmed by the fire on a chilly day
  • The trees lining our driveway
  • Crab apple trees in bloom
  • A good cup of tea (well steeped)
  • A cheesy movie
  • Belly laughs
  • A single blossom
  • Purple
  • Old buildings
  • Being by the water
  • A meal I didn’t have to cook
  • Being up before the sun occasionally
  • A soft breeze
  • A great pair of boots
  • A relaxing day at home after several out
  • Grocery shopping with Jon
  • A clean kitchen floor
  • A new book
  • Flowers...did I  mention flowers?!

I could probably go on and on all day. J


What brings you joy?

1 comment:

  1. What brings me joy? Catching up on the blog posts 8) Definately on the list.

    ReplyDelete