Monday, June 11, 2012

Catch Up Time

It feels like it’s been ages since I’ve posted anything. It wasn’t for lack of trying that’s for sure. Our internet has been down for a couple of weeks, but I think we’re good to go now....or at least we’d better be!

Over the last couple of weeks we’ve been busy around here. Jon’s been working on the house and I’ve been working on the garden. We finished up a large project for work and Jon’s started a big deck project. Bradley had his first paintball tournament and Hunter seems to have a bladder infection. Last week marked the anniversary of my father’s death and his birthday, so that was a little tough.

It has taken me WAY longer than it should have but I’ve finally finished our landscape plan for the yard closest to the house. Our property is basically cut in half with a 3.5 acre field between us and the road and then another 3.5 acres with the house and outbuildings and that's the part I’ve completed. I have big plans for the field but they’ll have to wait until we win a lottery!! In the mean time we have a ton of stuff to do right at the house. There’s a new bed going in and my earth and mulch are coming tomorrow and once they get here I have new plants to get settled and older ones to move.

There is very little I enjoy more than being out in the garden so with that in mind I’m headed out to do some clean up. We lost a big old branch off one of our willows during the last wind storm and it still needs cleaned up.

Here’s a bit of what’s going on in the garden these days.....

Ahh....lazy dog days!
My columbine is doing well this year.
They might be weeds, but I don't discriminate,
all flowers are welcome.    

I’ll keep you posted on the new beds and the pond development... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment