Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rainbows and Hope

I’m going on my third week of being sick and it’s starting to get me down. I feel fortunate that I don’t get sick very often but right now I think I’m making up for it. Every evening I go to bed hoping to feel better in the morning and every morning I wake up feeling almost as crappy as the day before.

I haven’t even managed to get any of my garden planted so I’m losing plants almost daily now, I can’t remember when the last time I did any housework was and yesterday I had to drag my ass to the grocery store so my family didn’t starve. L

Yesterday felt like fall all day with the wind and the rain and it really didn’t help with my mood until last evening when Jon told me to look outside and there was the most amazing rainbow I’ve ever seen. I haven’t even held my camera in weeks but I dashed in to get it and managed to snap a couple of shots....



Seriously the most beautiful rainbow I’ve ever seen. We could see both ends of it from our yard. The shots really don’t do it any justice, I didn’t take any time to make sure they were good, I just snapped away so I wouldn’t miss it (and I’m glad I did, rainbows never last as long as you’d like them to).

Seeing the rainbow brought something up in me that I’ve been missing for a few weeks now....hope. For the first time in ages I felt like maybe, just maybe I’m going to feel good again soon. I thought I’d check out my handy dandy symbols book for the heck of it and see what it had to say about rainbows. According to “The Secret Language of Signs”, by Denise Linn seeing a rainbow means:

“Throughout the world the rainbow is one of the most universal signs of blessing. A rainbow blesses your ventures, your relations and yourself. It is a message from spirit to you that you are going in the right direction and that your path is blessed and guided. It is a very powerful sign signifying joy, celebration and completion. If you have been involved in a difficulty, this is a sign of a completion and new hope. It signals the end of despair and difficulty.”

I’ll take it! Here’s to blessings and the end of difficulty. I’m going to assume it means I’m on the mend and hope for the best!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lynne:

    Terrific pictures of the rainbow! As usual!

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ... Allan

    ReplyDelete