Friday, November 23, 2012

Another NaNoWriMo Update


On November the first I told you I’d decided (rather spontaneously) to participate in National Novel Writing Month. I’d put it off a few years in a row and for some reason decided this would be my year.

This is my year!

My first attempt at NaNoWriMo was a success. I finished my novel yesterday coming in at about 51,000 words.

Writing a romance novel has been on my list of things to do for many years and I’ve started several but I’ve never been able to complete one. The NaNoWriMo way of quantity over quality is a great way to write. It really helps turn off the inner critic and get words on the page.

It’s suggested that you don’t edit at all through the month and just write but I had some difficulty with that so I grammar and spell checked daily and I made sure I didn’t have any huge plot holes. It’s still a work in progress because I still need to edit and do some re-writing but I did it.

I wrote a 51,000 word novel in 22 days!! Yay me!!



2 comments:

  1. 51,000 words in 22 days is a big achievement. Give yourself a pat on the back for all the work. Look forward to reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy....after a bit of editing it might be ready for reading. lol.

      Delete