Thursday, November 15, 2012

NaNoWriMo Update


I’m halfway through National Novel Writing Month and I’m proud to say I’ve already written just over 32,000 words.

The last two weeks have been busy and time consuming and it feels like I’ve done nothing besides write (which if you look around my house you’d see is true probably true).

My eyes are blurry from staring at the computer screen, my wrists are sore from all the typing and I’ve seriously had more tea to drink in these last 14 days than in all my days before. And that’s a lot of tea!! LOL J

But I’m loving every second of it. Well almost every second. I had to write my first sex scene on Monday and it was awkward. After 26,000 words with these guys I feel like I know them which made writing the sex scene a bit like being a voyeur.

I’ve always wanted to write a novel and although I’ve started about a million of them this is by far the furthest I’ve made it into one. I’m having fun getting to know my characters and I’m excited to see how it turns out for them...and for me.

32,000 words down and about 18,000 to go!! I’m on the home stretch now. YAY!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a lot of writing! I would love to read your novel once you are done. It's terrible, but I actually have not read a book since you lent me the Outliers 2 or 3 years ago. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teal :) Outliers was (seriously) one of the worst books I've ever read so hopefully mine will be more interesting!! lol....at least I can always hope!

      Delete