Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday


Today Jamie Ridler asks us “What peace do you wish for?” I could easily come up with several important answers but today the only peace I truly wish for is doggie peace.

This is Hunter when she's not cranky! 
Our baby girl Hunter has been tested for this, that and the next thing over the last few months because she’s become completely incontinent and we’ve finally had to put her on estrogen to try to manage the symptom (you can only clean up so much pee after all!) She’s responding wonderfully to it, we only need to give it to her twice a week and it’s been a couple of weeks since we’ve had to clean up a mess – sounds good right?

It is...mostly.

Except like any other female with a change in hormone situation she’s become a little moody. I might even say bitchy. We have three dogs and Hunter’s always been in charge but all of a sudden she’s like a short tempered and very impatient dictator. “Do as I say (quickly) or I’ll eat your face” seems to have become her mantra. Needless to say things are a little tense around here. We’re hoping that with a few more weeks on her medication everything will settle and today I can’t help but also wish for doggie peace. J


8 comments:

  1. Doggy peace is always a good thing. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you. I've used an animal intuitive in the past by the name of Marta Williams who really made a huge difference in my dog's behavior. Try her to see if maybe she can help with your dog & the others. [http://www.martawilliams.com/WhatIsAnimCom.htm]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Cindi...thanks. I will definitely look into her to see if she can help us with out pooch problems!! :)

      Delete
  2. Doggy peace is definitely a good thing. As Lynne wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Hunter's return to peace! As you wish for yourself, so too do I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doggie peace is definitely a good thing!!! Thank you ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous dog and I wish you peace as the healing continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...thanks Jane :) She's usually a big ol'suck (with us) and we're missing the good girl.

      Delete
  6. A friendly pat and ~get well soon~ vibes for Hunter.
    As Lynn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete