Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday

Image from JamieRidlerStudios.ca

I’m always excited to see what Jamie Ridler will prompt us with on Wishcasting Wednesdays and some weeks the answer pops into my head fully there and all I have to do is write it down. Some weeks I need to ponder for a few minutes before something comes to me and other weeks I read the prompt and just blow it off. Nope...not for me this week.

The ones I ignore are usually the ones that end up staying with me the longest. They nag and cajole me to answer them (if only for myself) and now I know when I see a prompt that I immediately decide not answer that it’s one I need to answer to see what comes up.

Today is one of those days.

Jamie asks us....What do you wish to dare (or dare to wish)?


I wish to dare myself to dream.

I’ve been struggling with this since last May when I read A Year by the Sea, by Joan Anderson. I wrote about it then in What Do Dreams Ask of Us and it’s something I think about daily. I wrote about dreams again last week in NaNoWriMo and in a limited way yesterday in Bucket List - Part One. But dreams and dreaming are something I wrestle with all the time.

I think most people take dreams for granted.

I also think my dreams are as scared of me as I am of them and maybe what we need is a dare...or maybe even a double dare! J

6 comments:

  1. It is always good to dream... and dream big. Follow them... I double dog dare you. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Lynne - may you embrace your dreams wholeheartedly, and whole-you-edly!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Lynne wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write them! :)
    As Lynne wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete