Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Creative Chaos


I’ve been a little cranky about my tiny creative space lately and I decided it was time to do something about it. I’ve been not so patiently waiting for something to change. I’m not sure what I was waiting for – maybe just a little gumption (don’t you love that word?!)

Well I found some! I actually found a ton of it!

I decided that it was time to take matters into my own hands; well mostly my own hands. I sold my couch and love seat combination and I’m going to buy a new/smaller couch and we’re moving our living room into the front porch. Which means the gym has to move (if anyone is looking for a multi-station gym or awesome treadmill I currently have them for sale).

Here’s the plan:

The living room is moving into the front porch (where the gym currently is)
The gym is moving upstairs into the spare room (where my studio currently is)

AND....

My studio is moving to where our living room currently is.

I am taking over the prime real estate in my house and I’m feeling pretty good about it! J

Nothing ever happens in my house that doesn’t involve books and this plan requires a lot of rearranging and moving of books and assorted shelves....here are some pictures of the mess.

My coffee table
My side table
Another side table
The top of the uninstalled woodstove
The main table in my studio - notice Bradley's helmet, you never
know where inspiration may come from!

I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

P.S. My assistant got tired and took to her bed!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl! I know you'll be happier with the extra space and the creative juices will be flowing so fast you will be dazed. I'll look forward to the things you will produce.

    ReplyDelete