Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February Blahs


February, when the days of winter seem endless and no amount of wistful recollecting can bring back any air of summer.  
-  Shirley Jackson

It’s been a long winter and I’m past ready for spring. Usually I spend February planning the gardens and looking forward to flowers. This year I’m overwhelmed by the snow and the cold in a way that I’ve never been before.

I can’t even find the motivation to look through the seed catalogues that have arrived in the mail. 




Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my brother’s suicide which probably has something to do with my funk, but still it’s always flowers that get me through.

Maybe I just need to go and buy myself a bouquet – could it be that simple?

I don’t know...I’ll let you know tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment