Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Moon Dreamboard


This month Jamie Ridler and the Full Snow Moon asks us “What desires lie deep within?”

I was a bit resistant to doing this board even though I’ve been thinking about it and gathering images for the last few days. I have a problem with desire – with want. It doesn’t sit well with me; it makes me uncomfortable.

As I sat with the images I’d collected I tried to relax into what I was feeling. I put on some soothing music and settled into my ‘safe’ spot but it was no use the discomfort wouldn’t be soothed or calmed, it was too intent on being a partner in the process so I decided to welcome it and see what it had to tell me.

My discomfort told me that I desire peace and connection – that I desire kindness and love and to quote Henry David Thoreau I desire to “Simplify, simplify.”



My playlist for this dreamboard was:

Celtic Reverie by Gordon Gibson (over and over again!)



10 comments:

  1. "Live with your whole heart" - I like that! May all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simplify - something that I strive for - I love EASY as 1-2-3 -----the lion pic will stay in my mind as a visual for connection - :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bobbi. I love the lion picture for that reason too....I've copied it and put in in several places, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I love the imagery! May your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dreamboard and the idea of a playlist. I need to remember the playlist idea! May all your dreams and wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all about the music around here...lol. Thanks for stopping by Tracy!

      Delete
  6. Love your imagery! Sometimes it seems we fight our desires. May all your dreams come true this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I fight mine more often than not...it's something I need to work on apparently, lol. Thanks Beverley!

      Delete