Friday, March 8, 2013

2nd Annual Staycation


Another year has come and gone. I spent a week or so at the lake in the fall for my anniversary but it was anything but relaxing since we brought the dogs along.  (You’d think my country dogs would be used to country sounds...but no, apparently not.)

I’m in dire need of some downtime, some relaxation and some time to look after myself rather than everyone else. I’m sure many of you can relate to that.

Last year I came up with the whole idea of a staycation and you can read about it and what I had planned for it HERE. If you’d like to read about how it went check out this LINK.

I’m taking this coming week because Bradley will be in Punta Cana for March break and I figure it might be easier with one of my guys away from home.

I’m exhausted and my only real hope for the week is that I end it feeling well rested.

So with that end in mind I plan to do very little besides lounge around and read/nap/relax. I might take a walk or two and some pictures but really I plan to do nothing. If things happen to go my way I might actually make my staycation a real vacation for a night or two.

Resting is the plan, but for me to be successful with that I need a few guidelines. Here they are.....

Yes to:

~ Lounging on the couch
~ Naps
~ Good books
~ Gentle walks around the yard
~ Playing with the girls
~ Some photos
~ Garden planning
~ Puttering around the house and yard
~ Some painting/drawing
~ Limited computer time

No to:

~ Stress
~ Schedules
~ The telephone
~ Television


** I’d like to say that I’m saying no to worry too but with Bradley in Punta Cana there is NO chance of that so I’m going to do my best to not obsess.

I’ve wanted to go to Galilee Retreat Centre for years now and if the snow has melted enough that I can walk their labyrinth I might see about spending a night or two there. Since it’s only 20 minutes away from home I’m not sure it qualities as getting away though, but if I can get there I’ll be able to strike one more thing off my fun stuff list.

I’m hoping this staycation goes better than last year. I’ll let you know and in the meantime if you have any suggestions for good reads I’ll take them!


No comments:

Post a Comment