Sunday, March 3, 2013

Gratitude Practice/Love List



I’m a big believer in the more grateful you are the happier and healthier you are. I’ve been practicing gratitude for years and it’s changed my life in ineffable ways.

I used to write what I called ‘Love Lists’; the things that I was grateful for at the end of every day but my lists grew to crazy lengths so I gave that up and now I simply say thank you in the moment.

To say thank you in the moment you need to be in the moment. (Which is a whole other practice!)

It’s like the chicken and the egg question: Does knowing what makes you happy bring gratitude for those things or does being grateful bring the things that make you happy?


I’d like to start making a list again of some of the things I’m grateful for, so I thought why not do it here?

Here’s my first love list in a long time.

This week I’m particularly grateful for.....

Chickadees at the bird feeder
Shane’s safe return from Hawaii
Bradley’s birthday weekend in Montreal with friends
Finding a palatable green tea (finally!)
New friends
New perspectives
Flowers on my kitchen table
My cameras and beautiful photography
Bedtime reading
A snow day
Wishes for spring
Trees
One good night’s sleep

What are you grateful for?


1 comment:

  1. "It’s like the chicken and the egg question: Does knowing what makes you happy bring gratitude for those things or does being grateful bring the things that make you happy?"

    That's a good line.... and worth some thought

    ReplyDelete