Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's Wishcasting Wednesday



I could answer this question in about a million different ways but what I've actively been working on lately is perfectionism.

Many years ago I fancied myself a "real" artist and a "serious" artist and then life and some particularly unpleasant people got in the way. Life has a habit of doing that and I have - no had, a way of letting people crap on my dreams. But not anymore.

My boys are almost grown now so I have more time on my hands and I've been using some of it to explore my creativity again. I've been working on my studio and doing some fun projects to get my feet wet.

I recently finished a fun and easy floorcloth and because my studio is way too small, in need of more storage I decided to paint an ugly old filing cabinet to hold all sorts of supplies.

I've been lightening up by not putting too much pressure on myself to make everything perfect and by just having fun. With my floorcloth and filing cabinet I  made them bright, fun and imperfect on purpose.

I know I'll never be able to be consistently creative when I allow perfectionism to take over, but when I lighten up and allow myself to have fun who knows what I can come up with.

Here's my filing cabinet...Sorry no before pictures because my computer died and took them with it :-( 






5 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne! I can totally relate to the need to let go of perfectionism. And I love what you did with your filing cabinet! As you wish for yourself I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely what you have done with that cabinet, it looks lovely. Wonderful creativity and resourcefulness. Lovely wishes. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too relate to the need to let go of perfectionism! As you wish for yourself so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cabinet is cute! I love the way you rephrase things along the way.

    ReplyDelete