Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's Wishcasting Wednesday



I wish to make a life that feels right and true and joyful.

My boys are grown. One has already left the nest and the other is preparing to and I'm feeling like I never thought I would. I anticipated this day with pride knowing that I've prepared them and loved them the very best I could and knowing that they're both awesome young men who will go out into the world and make real contributions.

All my thoughts about this time in our lives revolved around them and making sure they were ready and excited about their futures. I forgot about me and my feelings.

I've come to understand why women have more children later in life. The looming quiet and empty rooms is more than a little unnerving. There won't be anymore babies around here until grandbabies come along and since Jon has put his foot (very) firmly down that there also won't be any more puppies around here I have to make a new life of my own.

I'm not sure what that means yet, but I'm open to what's coming next and more than willing to be shown my path.


12 comments:

  1. I am new to WishcastingWednesday, but I can relate to the empty nest... When my son left is when my art started to emerge... So there is life after that nest empties, you just have to decide what you want to feather it with...
    As Lynee wishes for her, so I wish for her also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and Welcome to Wishcasting Wednesdays...it can be a lot of fun.

      Most days I'm trying to see it as an opportunity, but the odd day it catches up with me,lol!



      Delete
  2. What a lovely, brimming-with-delightful-possibilities wish! As Lynne wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Oh...oh...I really love how you put that! It feels so positive. Thank you Deborah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture, Lynne!! And my apartment feels empty when my son goes outside to play, so I don't want to even imagine what it will be like when he leaves home. Anyway, as you wish for yourself I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanine...it's my front yard and one of my favourite places in the world.

      Delete
  5. It's a beautiful wish, Lynne! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish for yourself I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *love* the photo....and open and willing are potent and powerful wish tenders...As you wish for yourself, so I too wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete