Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day- Beltane


I spent my May Day afternoon enjoying the quiet joy of a spring afternoon. I listened to the ducks in the pond, the unending bird song and the breeze through my beloved willow trees.

May Day or Beltane is the day half way between the spring equinox and the summer solstice. It's a day to protect your livestock and celebrate the coming fertility. May Day was often celebrated with the May Pole and although I didn't dance around a pole today I did celebrate in my own quiet way.

I sat on my front steps and listened to nature around me - I celebrated the possibility of my future. I settled into myself and listened and what I heard was my truth. No babies...but new ideas...a new me.

May Day/Beltane isn't about fertility and babies to me but about birthing what's next in my life.

We all see spring right now on the calendar and new beginnings and that's how I'm looking at today. It's a new beginning for me. Bradley hasn't gone away to school yet but I'm getting ready to birth a new me...a new phase of my life.

It's not a mid-life crisis - it's a mid-life birth.

Changes are coming!




2 comments:

  1. Mid-life birth!! Sounds wonderful! I have had a wonderful Beltane today. Hope you have, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful day too :-)

      Delete