Friday, June 21, 2013

Celebrating the Summer Solstice in the Garden

(I'm taking a break from regularly scheduled programming. Friday Favourites will resume next week.)

In summer, the song sings itself.

William Carlos Williams 


It's the summer solstice and I can't imagine celebrating summer and the longest day of the year in anyway besides in the garden.

I have a few things to do this morning and then I'm back here and back into my garden. I have some regular maintenance to do and a few things to plant so I can't wait to be done my errands.

I just might take a quick stop (or two) at the nursery and see what's new and what catches my eye. I'll let you know what I find!

In the mean time here are some more shots of what's going on right now - I just took these photos this morning...I simply can't resist a blossom or bloom!

Here are a few more peonies. I can hardly believe I have so many of them after waiting so long!





This one looks like a heart!!

My rose has bloomed since yesterday...notice the little visitor. He just wouldn't leave!



My yarrow has also started to bloom since yesterday.


Here's the last bleeding heart for the year :(


And some cheery chamomile.



Have a great weekend everyone! See you next week.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful macro's! Especially the last 2 are my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay! I have a crazy obsession with flowers! :)

      Delete
  2. What absolutely GORGEOUS pictures!!! Can't believe you have your own homegrown chamomile and yarrow. You can make tea or hydrosols or use them for magic in all sorts of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have burdock and nettles growing so I could really go to town on teas and tinctures. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete