Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wishcasting Wednesday



I wish to create an internal space dedicated to health, wellness and healing. A space (no matter how small) in which I am completely healthy and whole.

For the last several years I've been struggling with my health. I've tried this and that and about a million things but everything I've tried has been in an effort to overcome it - to conquer it - to win a battle against my body.

It hasn't worked.

At all.

I've been going about it all wrong.

This isn't a battle of me against my body/my health. It doesn't have to be an uphill battle. It's a journey we're on together. Only by listening to her and honouring what she needs will I find the healing I desire.

A little space, a little sprout of hope, a little beacon of light is sometimes all it takes to begin. I have that now. I have found it....finally.

By opening a space within for health and wellness I'm honouring myself and my body and together we'll find healing; together we'll find what we need to be well again.


17 comments:

  1. Awesoem change of perspective.
    As Lynn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula...it's a work in progress! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also. Sending healing energy your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll happily take some of your healing energy Amanda...Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Oh! I can relate. I've been working the last two months to get healthier to increase our odds of getting pregnant, and my body and I have had to have some pretty intense discussions about what we need from each other. It's not an easy process. I'm so glad you've found your bit of space and hope!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely not easy Jen. A day at a time - or maybe a healthy meal at a time, lol!

      Delete
  5. and so do I.... ditto Paula..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful reframe, Lynn - one I could well gift myself :)

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one many women should gift themselves!

      Thanks for popping by!

      Delete
  7. This is such a beautiful post. I think it's a wonderful idea. I know I need to do the same thing for myself too.

    As Lynn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful, Lynne! Great change in perspective, and I will be thinking about that, myself. I tend to have to same approach to things (it's an enemy I need to conquer) and I totally see your point about viewing the body as a friend and ally. And as you wish, I wish for you, a beautiful, loving partnership that leads to vibrant health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanine. It's been a long time coming! Hopefully this is the beginning of getting healthier. :)

      Delete
  9. Much love and healing vibes to you AND your body for the exciting journey you are embarking on XXX
    As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also

    ReplyDelete