Friday, July 19, 2013

2 Year Blogging Anniversary and a Big Announcement

The very first photo of mine I published - still one of my favourites.

I'm celebrating my two year blogging anniversary today!  

When I started blogging I started as a way to discover what matters most to me. My intention was to focus on the little moments in life that make our days special. I wanted to celebrate the everyday things that we can sometimes take for granted.

I wanted to find out what I valued the most and make those things bigger and brighter in my own life and maybe along the way encourage others to find out what brings them joy.

The blog has undergone a few changes along the way. And so have I.

I started out writing and showing a few pictures here and there and gradually the photos have pretty much taken over. I discovered how much I love photography. I always knew I would. I bought my first (real) camera with money I saved up from my first job when I was 16. About a million things got in the way between then and 40 when I bought my second real camera, but that doesn't matter now.

What matters now is how through actively paying attention to my life I've learned what is most important to me. My life has grown - I have grown. It only takes reading a few posts to know that my life revolves around family, home and garden - and of course my photography.

What matters is the things I've learned and the friends I've made.

The blog and I are going to go through some more (big) changes.

I'm returning to school in September to study nutrition. I'm going to be attending The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and when I'm done I'll be a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. I'm also going to study The Psychology of Eating through The Institute for the Psychology of Eating and after completion of that course I'll be a Certified Psychology of Eating Coach.

Big changes for me and I'm very excited!

Which brings me to the blog. In all honesty I'm not sure what to do with it. I've enjoyed my time here and sharing my photos and I can't even imagine not having it; but I'm not sure I'll have the time needed to devote to it as I have the last 2 years.

What do you think?

Try to keep it going?
Let it go?
Or change it to what's new in my life - nutrition and wellness?
Or a combo of both?


I'd really like to hear what you think - but I'd love to hear that privately so if you'd email me at FindingNourishment@gmail.com or facebook message me with your thoughts I'd be very grateful. 

P.S. I've always wondered how much fun it would be to buy a huge order of books. It's A LOT of fun!

Here's what $1000 worth of books looks like.



P.P.S. It's not as many as I thought it would be, LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment