Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Confession Time


I have a confession to make.

I've said it before but I've always mumbled it, or said it while you were speaking, or turned away with my mouth full.

This time I'm saying it loudly and proudly because I know you can't change what you don't acknowledge. And I really want to change.

I suffer from perfectionism. BIG TIME.

There I said it. (Phew)

It's something I've struggled with for as long as I can remember and unfortunately I've passed it down to my children.

The buck stops here! I'm saying it, I'm acknowledging it and I'm going to change it. Slowly and compassionately for sure - but I'm going to do my very best to ease away from...

  • the need to be perfect
  • the need to have everyone else be perfect
  • the need to always act perfectly
  • the need to have my life go exactly the way I think it should so it's perfect too


(I could probably go on - but I think you've got the picture) ;-)

Maybe you share my need for perfection and maybe you also share it's first cousin - you know...GUILT.

I have another confession to make - I ate beer nuts. Quite a few of them, and they were really, really good! And now I feel guilty because a person who's studying nutrition should eat perfectly...right? I mean that's what my annoying inner dictator is telling me.

But I'm not perfect - I'm a human who eats pretty well most of the time and happens to enjoy beer nuts from time to time.


And I'm trying to be OK with that!



2 comments:

  1. Giving you permission to be beautifully imperfect! And don't even get me started on eating what you shouldn't. Pretty sure I'd win that contest hands down. Good to see you blogging again, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to be back! Thanks for being here and thanks for understanding! :)

    ReplyDelete